This 1956 Cheverolet had an engine fire. The task was to recover from the fire and repaint the car at the same time. We ran a compression test to gauge the health of the engine and then removed the engine & transmission. The original trans was a cast iron powerglide and by the time we-refreshed the engine, it was decided to put a crate engine in. While we were at it, we opted for a 200-4R. This gave us about the same length as the original unit and an extra gear for freeway cruising, We installed a new wiring harness, the engine assembly and got everything running and shifting correctly. We then stripped the interior and sent it off to body for repaint. We converted the wipers from vacuum to electic while we were at it.